Now that our Essential Caregiver program is well underway and family members continue to be orientated to the new protocols we would like to send a reminder to all families, visitors and essential caregivers.
It is imperative that all people who enter the home follow the infection control guidelines put in place. This includes staff, visitors, family members and service providers. With the community spread increasing in Chatham-Kent, our Public Health Unit has reiterated the importance of following and enforcing infection control measures with any visitors.
Please follow the below guidelines the ENTIRE time you are in the building:
- Wear your mask over your nose and mouth AT ALL TIMES
- Wash hands upon entry, frequently while in the home, and when you leave
- Do not leave your loved ones room without staff escorting you. We need to ensure you do not come in close contact with any other residents while you are here.
- Do not eat or drink while you are in the home, as this would require you to remove your mask.
- If you need to use the washroom, ask staff to escort you before leaving the resident room.
We understand that this time has been difficult for all of our residents and family members. We have all be bearing the weight of the pandemic for so long and we all feel fatigued. However, proper infection control is crucial to keeping COVID-19 out of our home, and every person entering our home is responsible for their actions.
Please be patient with our staff as we continue to do our best to navigate the changes and restrictions this pandemic has created. We are very thankful for the ongoing support from family members and the kindness we have been shown.
Let’s continue to work together to keep our loved ones safe and keep COVID-19 out of Fairfield Park!